Professional Image (Professionalism)
(A measure of your Character and Conduct)
Unfortunately, you don’t own your
(Or your personal image for that matter)
To the outside world, your
“Professionalism” is totally determined by the opinions of the people around
You may have many skills and credentials, but people are only going to measure the behaviours they can see at this moment. Rightly or wrongly, your “Professionalism” is a product of other people’s "perceptions" of you.
And, the fact is that they usually don’t have all the information to formulate an accurate picture of you.
The dictionary defines “Professionalism”
as – A measure of a person’s Character and Conduct.
This means that people look at your "Ethics, Authenticity & Credibility". Do you measure up?
(The problem is "Who's principles, standards & values are they comparing you to?)
People then look at what you say and do. Are you UN-biased, Consistent, Fair & Supportive?
(Again, "Who's principles, standards & values are they comparing you to?)
Fortunately, you have total control over
both your Character and your Conduct.
Both of these can also be improved with a little effort and some additional training.
(From a Coach who specializes in "Professionalism")
The “Professionalism Coaching & Training Programs” presented here are guaranteed to help you
“understand and strengthen” the personal behaviours you need while improving your “Professional Image”.
These "Behaviours" will teach others (model for them) "How you want to be perceived" (Influencing their perceptions)
And, best of all, if you sequence these Coaching Sessions and training programs over six months or a year, you will see continuous improvement in “attitudes and actions” as a result of ongoing accumulative and positive re-enforcement of your thinking and growing.
The Measurable Outcomes would become
● An understanding of the driving forces behind people’s “Motivations and Behaviours”
● A questioning process that is guaranteed to “Influence” people’s thinking and actions
● A measurable increase in conflict resolutions skills
● An ability to create a safe and supportive working relationships
● An increased awareness of your own “Emotional Intelligence” mind-set and behaviours
● A changing attitude toward teamwork and people advancement
● A stronger “Empathy” for other people’s circumstance and their ambitions
● A reduction in conflict and hostility
● A tangible and measurable plan that develops new skills in the people you Coach and Mentor
● An awareness of group “Strengths” and how to use them to benefit each other
● A renewed interest in group collaboration and reliance
● A visible change in “Professional Image and Demeanor”
● A continuous growth in your attitude towards “Teamwork”